Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Three Week Itch

First of all I'd like to apologize for being absent for the past couple of days. I had the opportunity to take a little road trip and get away from Las Vegas for part of the long weekend, and I took it. So, I didn't have a scale with me and had to wait until I got home to take my weight, but I know I didn't eat that great and now I'm going to pay the price.

I wasn't able to blog or tweet the last couple of days and it was a nice change in the fact that I wasn't relying on technology, but I think that it definitely made my accountability with myself drop dramatically. Last night I told a friend that I'm just lacking motivation, and that lack of motivation has definitely carried over to this morning. So, is it because I wasn't weighing and blogging and hearing encouragement, or could it be the three-week itch?

I've been on this program for about three weeks and I've already seen a great change in myself. Not only physically (down about 12 lbs), but also with my attitude, and my self confidence. However, I think I may have reached a point, the three-week itch, where I needed to be reassured again and get motivated by others.

I'm really lucky to have a support system in this process that I can rely on. Last night I texted Amanda and simply told her that I need a few encouraging texts and tweets this week to get me and keep me going. We made a little pact to keep in more contact this week and to push each other to work out a little more every day. Right there, that was a little boost of confidence. I also told my friend that I'm having the weight loss challenge against and he said that we can talk it out and try and get re-motivated. Lastly, my mom, who's going through her own weight loss journey as we speak sent me an email to share her progress, her journey and also just to tell me that she's proud of what I'm doing. I may not feel like running to the gym at this moment in time, but I'm already feeling a lot better and my confidence toward my goals is already returning.

I know that this is not only going to be a long, long journey, but hopefully a lifestyle change that will carry-over into the maintaining stage once I reach my goals. And since it's going to last so long, I've already accepted the fact that there will be weight loss ups and downs, good days and bad days, and every other type of variation in moods and motivation that could possibly happen. The point is, I need to keep focused and remind myself that it's a process and the outcome is the goal. Every day won't be the best day in my life, but each day certainly is one step in the best direction.

2 comments:

  1. This is the point where a lot of people drop off for one reason or another. It is good that you recognize it, so that you can push past and keep on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just received an award. Come to my blog to collect it!

    ReplyDelete