Thursday, September 10, 2009

Effects of Stress

Yesterday I had a bad day. It's as simple as that. Between learning new information, miscommunication and discussions with others, I just felt like crap and from start to finish, it didn't seem like there was anything that could make it better.

This morning I woke up in the same mood. I think that that is far more irritating than having a bad day, but thankfully my mood shifted almost immediately in the morning and I've felt good ever since. I have realized that these mood changes are directly related to my stress levels, and in turn on my motivation and ability to move forward with my weight-loss challenge.

I've noticed that it is much harder to force myself to go to the gym when I'm in a bad mood or worrying about something pertaining to wedding planning, work, friends, family, etc. Likewise, when I'm in a great mood and feeling pretty good about myself, hopping on the treadmill for an hour feels like I'm running at lightening speeds for only 15 minutes. I need to try and harness my moods and stress and act appropriately. Maybe if I know I'm stress or down, I can do something within myself to pick me back up again. That way not only do I feel better, but going to the gym or eating healthy won't be such a pain in the butt! In that same sense, when I'm on cloud 9, I need to take advantage of those good feelings!

It may be just me, that my moods and stress levels directly correlate with my eating and exercising. It sounds crazy, but I know it's true! Now .... what to do with all this positive energy? Time to hit the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment