Friday, September 11, 2009

Bummed Leg Syndrome

So yesterday I fell down the stairs. No, I'm not kidding. I literally fell down the stairs while leaving work, limped to the car and drove myself to the doctor. Doc said I was lucky that I didn't break it Again and I've been ordered to stay off it through the weekend. He also said "tread lightly for awhile, you don't want to permanently screw it up." so, I figured that since I'm newly injured yet even more solidified as a klutz that i'd share my game plan for continuing in the right direction.

It's going to be a main goal to eat as good as possible for the next few days otherwise
I'm in severe danger of being behind in my weightloss challenge with a coworker. So this weekend of being off my feet is more imperative than ever.

As far as exercising goes, I can ways lift weights, work on toning and abs, but I really really don't want to stop doing cardio. I obviously can't jump on the treadmill or elliptical, and doc said even the pressure caused by biking is bad so that leaves only one option: swimming! Tomorrow morning I'm hitting the gym, but instead of pants and a workout top I'll be wearing goggles and a swimsuit! It's okay mom, I promise not to drown!

So I guess that's my plan. I need to be more anal than ever with my food choices and portion sizes and do whatever cardio I can without further injuring my ankle.

Does anyone else have any suggesions on how to get a good workout in without putting a lot of pressure on my leg? Let me know if you do! I could use all the help I can get!

1 comment:

  1. You can use a pull buoy...and just make sure when you push off the wall just to push with your good foot. Coaching swimming is unfortunately whats paying my bills...let me know if you'd like more info or workouts for specific muscle groups :)

    ReplyDelete