Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Day in the Life ...

Today has been a really weird day for me because I didn't have a schedule at all, and that's led to a weird eating schedule and lots of exercising. And because today has been so odd, I've managed to weigh myself several times and I thought it would be great to share because it really shows how your body fluctuates with water weight, food, exercise and stress. So, here is a day in the life of my weight loss journey ...

I woke up really early because the dogs were barking and I wanted Mike to be able to sleep in since he works both tomorrow and Labor Day. I figured since I was up early, I mine as well get a great workout in. Before I left for the gym, I weighed myself to add to my blog and I had gained 1.6 lbs to be 218 lbs overall. I was bummed, but I know the up and down effect happens all the time!

I did something really stupid, and that was, I didn't eat anything at all before I headed to the gym. I wasn't hungry when I woke up so I simply didn't think about it, but it ended up catching up with me quickly. I exercised for about two hours, then met up with a friend and walked the trails around a local park for about an hour. In the three hours, I burned almost 700 calories, and I hadn't even eaten yet! I was drinking plenty of water so I wasn't dehydrated, but I was honestly really struggling because of my empty stomach.

When I got home, before I even ate, I wanted to take a shower and cool off so I weighed myself again. I dropped to 215.8 in just that 3.5 hour period. That's nuts!

Mike and I grabbed lunch at CoCo's Cafe. It was pretty good actually because they offer meals for people watching their calorie and fat counts. I was able to order whole grain and nut pancakes with fruit, egg whites and lean ham for less than 500 calories. It felt great to eat. Seriously.

Anyway, I weighed myself after lunch and running errands and I returned to just under 218. It just goes to show that every single day there are ups and downs, and what you do and what you eat definitely affects the scale! I''ll see what happens the rest of the day. I still have a lot of calories in the bank to consume if I want them, but I want to make sure my workout today pays off in the end.

1 comment:

  1. try to never workout without eating beforehand...if you do, your body will burn muscle first!
    MUSCLE BURNS FAT!!
    Eat a piece of fruit before a workout and a protein after for best results.

    ReplyDelete