Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Survived!

I don't usually rejoice in a weekend ending, but I have to admit that I'm ecstatic to be able to be on my feet again! I know I said I was going to hit the gym to get a swim in for cardio, but I had my hair professionally colored late Friday and she said "no chlorenated water for a few days!"

So, tomorrow I'm not only returning to the gym, but I get to workout on my feet! My ankle obviously isn't 100% yet, but I can still take a spin on a stationary bike, walk a bit on the treadmill or spend time on an eliptical machine. Oh, the possibilities!

So, I have to say that I'm thrilled that I've suvived the weekend, and I even lost about a pound. I was really careful each day to not only stay within my calorie budget, but to eat foods that weren't too awful for me!

I've been telling people that I can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow and all I've been getting in response is words of worry and begging to stay off the ankle awhile longer. Doc says I'm good to go though, as long as I take it easy of course, so I think I'll stick with what he says.

When it comes to this entire "injury" experience though, I have to admit that I was terrified because I've been doing So well for the past three weeks. I was concerned that I'd just blow it and throw all that hard work out the window. Luckily my will power held up and a few friends offered words of encouragement and I still survived.

It just goes to show, or at least proves to me that even with set backs, by moving forward goals can still be reached. Only 15 more pounds until I reach my first mini goal!!!! I can do it!


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment