Sunday, August 30, 2009

Today's a Challenge

Today may be the hardest day I'm going to face thus far in this challenge to lose weight. At 3 p.m. I'm expecting 15-20 close friends over to our house for a barbecue, and I know with good company comes good food and tasty drinks. My goal is to still keep my eye on the prize, and if I do indulge in a tasty treat to do so in moderation.

I don't have a lot of time to write today, since I have more than my fair share of things to get done before this afternoon, but I wanted to write something. I feel good today, but I haven't made it to the gym yet. Hopefully I'll get there before our visitors arrive!

Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it went tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I think you would enjoy reading this. This woman was 2" shorter than you, and she weighed 10 lbs. more. It can be done!!

    http://www.redbookmag.com/health-wellness/advice/lost-100-pounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make blue cheese turkey burgers...you the leanest ground turkey you can find, fat free may dressing (1 tbsp = 11 cal) and blue cheese crumbles and throw that sucker on the grill. I was surprised at how tasty it was, but not one of my favorite recipes!

    ReplyDelete