Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Biggest Fear

Tomorrow will be one full week of my new outlook on life. It was breakfast last Friday that I started keeping track of what I was eating and being careful, and as I approach that day I'm realizing how easy this whole process has come to me. I'm making it to the gym daily, I'm drinking severely less Diet Coke and I'm making great decisions at restaurants and the grocery store. So, it is only natural that the next thing that pops into my head is: what now?

In this entire process, I'm not afraid of stepping on the scale and seeing an increase in weight or seeing how much I weigh in general. I'm not even afraid of sharing my entire story with anyone interested in reading because, for me, that's motivation. The one thing I am terrified of, however, is failing. I feel like right now things are going very easy and things are moving smoothly. Despite no weight loss and minor weight gains, the healthy decisions that I NEED to make on an hourly basis are coming very naturally to me. Shouldn't I be struggling? Shouldn't I grab for that box of candy, or crave those cheesy mashed potatoes? Is this all a big build up of success just to end with a crashing fall? That is my biggest fear, that I'm taking it all in stride, but I will crash and burn in the near future.

Here are the things I remind myself of daily to keep on track:
1. Make healthy eating decisions.
2. The long-term goal is far greater than the day-to-day steps.
3. People are there to support me, and Amanda is a great inspiration.
4. Exercise!
5. I will fit back into that bikini!

What do you think? Is it really this easy? Am I setting myself up for failure? I'm not saying that overall losing 75 pounds is a cinch, but the process of making healthy decisions, eating right, eating less and exercising is coming easy to me. This scares me a bit. I hope I can keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. Cravings come randomly, and they are strong when they do come. But that's just it, they're an occasional thing that comes along and seems like it's powerful, but as long as you wait it out you don't have to worry again for a while. It's those cravings that seem to spoil it all. At least for me ;)

    ReplyDelete