Friday, August 28, 2009

Active in the Bedroom

DISCLAIMER: Sorry to anyone related to me or who's close to me who'd rather not read about bedroom activities! Stop reading now if that's you.

For a long time I've struggled with the in-the-bedroom activities because I'm overweight and my fiance is as thin as ever. He has never once said anything negative about my body, on the contrary, he lavishes me with compliments and tells me I'm beautiful and sexy any chance he gets. I always feel that I'm beautiful in his eyes. Although appreciated, that only goes so far when the view I have of myself is so awful. I feel ugly, and more so, I hate being naked.

When I shower or when I'm naked for whatever reason, I tend to nitpick about the way I look and over analyze about this fat roll or that love handle. It's unhealthy and really causes a horrific state of mind. It certainly does nothing but make me feel worse. It isn't constructive in the least.

So, it is up to me to suck it up and move forward, and what I'm realizing that the more active I am in the bedroom, with my fiance who loves me more than anything, the more beautiful I feel. My body really hasn't changed at all yet, but with my new positive outlook on weightloss, and taking my fiance's compliments to heart, I feel better about myself, and better about being naked. Instead of worrying about what my body looks like from this angle or that angle, I'm just enjoying whatever's happening. I know I know, this is a weird topic, but if you're overweight and "sexually active" you can't say you've never thought about it. I would be willing to guess that more women and men out there who are overweight avoid the bedroom so as not to be naked than go running between the sheets whenever they can.

Not only is sexual activity great for losing calories (and can be added as exercise to any calorie tracker), but it's good for your self esteem and your relationship. During a pre-marriage session with our Catholic priest this past week, he even said to us "now make sure you stay active and keep intimacy alive. It's essential to have a physical relationship along with a mental, verbal and spiritual relationship." I was a bit taken aback that he was talking about this and acknowledging that we live in sin and have already had premarital sex, but he makes a good point. Just because I'm self conscious and hate my body doesn't mean I have to make my partner suffer.

So I know talking about all this right out in the open is different and certainly not exactly P.C., but neither is airing exactly how much I weigh every single day. If anyone else has anything to say on this topic, please comment. I love getting the discussion going!

No comments:

Post a Comment