Thursday, August 27, 2009

Eating Out Done Right

Morning everyone! This post isn't going to be profound in any way, shape or form, but I thought I'd tell you all what I ate yesterday in order to give an idea of how I'm sticking with my goals. I want to do this at least weekly to share the secrets I've learned and to hopefully learn new tips from you by the comments left! So ... this is my day, yesterday, in a nutshell. Remember, I dropped 1.4 lbs!

I keep track of everything on my Lose It! application on my iPhone so I know how many calories I'm consuming, how many calories I burn off with exercise, etc. Yesterday I also used the Restaurants application on more than one occasion since I ate out for lunch and dinner. It really helped me make wise decisions!

Breakfast: I made breakfast at home with some ingredients around the kitchen.
A whole wheat tortilla (the brand I purchase is only 121 calories) with 3 egg whites (50), half a grilled chicken breast (71) and a slice of low-fat Monterrey/Colby jack cheese (90). My protein-heavy, and very filling breakfast took only five minutes to whip up and took only 332 calories off my daily total!

Lunch: I often eat lunch with my coworkers, as I did yesterday, and we went to Chipotle. I used the application to put together a "burrito bowl" or as I call it, a glorified salad, for 727 calories. I love having a splash of cheese and sour cream in there to hold it all together and that made the calories add up quickly. Without those two ingredients it would have been about 500 calories instead.



Exercise: After work, I headed to the gym for a workout. I wasn't able to exercise for very long since my fiance and I had evening plans, but I put in a good half hour on the treadmill burning about 150 calories and 15 minutes on the elliptical machine for about 180 calories. Good thing I did that, too because I went to BJs for dinner!

Dinner: We went to BJs brewery and grill for dinner. I had the Balsamic Glazed Chicken, but had them leave the cheesy mashed potatoes and deep fried onion straws off the plate. I did, however, have about a quarter of a plain baked potato with my chicken. It was about 600 calories in all.


For the day, I stayed under budget, and considering I ate out at restaurants twice, I think I did pretty well. I tried to make wise decisions without limiting myself to just eating rabbit food! I hope this helps a bit. Tonight I plan on getting another short workout in before another night out with my fiance and his aunt who's visiting from out of town. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the chance to see a bit of progress too!

No comments:

Post a Comment