Thursday, March 18, 2010

Little Black (& White) Dress

Yesterday I went shoe shopping. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal in the least, but I was shopping for that supposed "perfect" pair to wear with my wedding gown. The shop said I must, must, must have my shoes before my first dress fitting on April 9 and so I finally decided to buckle down and buy them. The problem was ... I couldn't find any shoes I liked, and so I turned my attention to clothes.

After scouring DSW, some random shop at the Galleria at Sunset mall and Macys, I left the shoe department and came across the misses dresses department in Macys. I haven't been able to shop in the "Misses" department for more than two years, but not only did I find a dress from that area yesterday, but I tried on six, and all six fit! Granted they all didn't look that great on me, but I did find one that was amazing.

I have this problem of pigeon-holeing myself when it comes to dresses and colors. I now own four dresses that I love and would wear at any given time and all of them, yes all, are black and white. I think I have a serious problem! I tried on a great Jones New York dress that was navy blue and draped, but it didn't fit my figure quite yet. I was close to buying one that had yellow flowers on it too, but guess what, it was mostly black and white too.

I ended up buying a dress that was a size 14, yes a 14!!!!! In August I was buying clothes that were size 20 and 22. This dress is slightly form-fitting with a cute bolero. I'm planning on wearing it to my bridal shower in April. Hopefully now I can find something to wear for the bachelorette party and rehearsal dinner! I must say though, so far, going shopping is way better than it used to be!

4 comments:

  1. This is so exciting, Beth! I can definitely relate to the excitement and relief of fitting into a smaller size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my 'perfect' wedding shoes at Cole Haan...they have the most comfortable dress shoes. Most of them have Nike Air in the soles. Good luck and congrats on the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm new to the blogging thing... at least for this area of my life and ... well, i love your blog and have followed you for a very LONG TIME but privately... and so i decided to get a new blog and want to thank you for sharing your journey. you have given me great courage. hope to hear from you. posted my first blog on my own journey to lose 100lbs.... blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pretty In Me - Thank you so much for those kind words!!! I really appreciate you following my journey, and I'll do the same for you. I wish you all the best on your goal to lose 100 lbs. If you want any words of encouragement, I'm here!

    ReplyDelete