Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm getting old!

On Saturday night, a group of friends got together at Dino's (an off-the-beaten-track, local's karaoke bar) to formally say farewell to our friend Heather. Heather left this morning to move back to Ohio.

Normally, Mike and I are home by 11 p.m. or midnight and watching TV on the weekends like a good old married couple. "Super late" nights for us are pretty rare, and so when they happen it usually doesn't take too long to recover or phase me all that much. I mean, what's one night of losing sleep? This weekend was not like that at all!

We left Dino's at nearly 1 a.m. and Mike had to get to bed immediately when we got home since he had to work at around 6 a.m. the next morning. This meant that I got charged with staying up with our pets and watching some TV while the animals wound down for the night. I finally crawled into bed at 2:30 and fell asleep somewhere closer to 3:30 a.m. Mike left for work and the dogs woke me up at 7 a.m. leaving me with little sleep, and what sleep I did get felt fairly restless.

I was shocked that when I woke up I felt nauseous and had a headache and was sore. Mike didn't drink at all and I didn't even finish my one glass of vodka 7Up. I think I drank less than half of that drink because it didn't taste quite right and then drank Mike's Coca-Colas the rest of the time. Have I really gotten to the point where any alcohol and late nights ruin me for days?!?! I must be getting old!

I felt sluggish all day on Sunday, but have thankfully recovered just fine today. I'm still a bit tired, but that's pretty standard for a Monday morning! This just makes me wonder -- how am I going to be the morning after the wedding? Interesting thought, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment