Thursday, March 25, 2010

It Had How Many Calories?

I have lost three pounds this week. Now, granted, I had gained a pound or two and lost a pound or two and went up and down over the past couple of weeks so the three pounds weren't that significant, but it's been a good week to say the least. I've really stayed focus on eating the right number of calories and I've even made it to the gym.

Today I had a banana for breakfast and had a low-calorie meal at Jason's Deli for lunch. I'm on a roll! Well, I was on a roll until PayPros sent our company a beautiful fruit and chocolate-dipped fruit bouquet. I could literally hear the horns blow wah wah ....

I indulged in a chocolate-covered strawberry and a chocolate-covered banana as soon as I got back from lunch. I just couldn't help it! The fruit looked amazing and fresh and how can I resist a chocolate covered strawberry?!?!?! The answer is -- I can't; I am physically incapable of resisting a chocolate-covered strawberry.

So, against my better judgement, or maybe because of my better judgement, I went online to track down the number of calories in the goodies I just consumed. Here's what I had to figure out: one strawberry, one large banana slice and the chocolate that both were dipped in. And, here's what I determined:

strawberry - approx. 45 calories
banana slice - approx. 25 calories
Edible Arrangements Chocolate - approx 120 for 2 tablespoons (I ate about 3 tablespoons).

Total: 250 calories.

It had how many calories? Two-hundred and fifty calories in one banana and strawberry?!?!? That's outrageous, but maybe that's why they were so damned delicious!

I guess I won't be having that after-dinner snack or fattening dinner. Maybe I have to do a little extra cardio at the too. Oy vey.

1 comment:

  1. how many calaries do you need to lose weight? I believe it is a combination of both diet and exercise. I have been an athlete my entire life and I fuel my body the right way to be in the best shape and thats why I have started using lose body fat to manage my diet. They are a great company and help me manage how much I eat so I do not over consume calories post workout.

    ReplyDelete