Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In a Tough Spot

So, I need some help, and anyone with ideas please feel free to comment.

I'm heading to lunch in two hours for a business meeting, and I'm going to a restaurant I've never been to before. Now, I've been in this situation before and I did what I always do: I looked up the menu online and rifled through it to find something to order before I actually go to the restaurant.

Here is where I reach my dilemma. We're going to a seafood restaurant and I don't eat seafood or fish of any kind. There are other items on the menu, but the non-seafood/fish items are all pastas or fried or are extremely high in carbs, calories and fat. So, what do I do without A) Being Rude, B) Starving or C) Cancelling?

I could order I side salad, I suppose, or a pasta and only eat a third of it. Do any of you have suggestions?

By the way, I'll write another post after lunch to let you know what happened and what I chose to do. Please Help Me!

2 comments:

  1. In tough situations like this I try to pick the healthiest option and then really exercise portion control. The less you eat of the "bad stuff", the better. You can throw the rest away later; just drink a lot of water and power through if you don't have any other options. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beth! You could order a salad and ask for grilled chicken with the dressing on the side..or sometimes they have vegetarian options...look for different things you can substitute...I always ask for grilled chicken instead of fried shrimp, steak, breaded chicken, etc.

    Hope this helps!

    -Shorty

    ReplyDelete