Thursday, October 1, 2009

Self-esteem is on the Rise!

Something's happening, and it's not something I'm quite used to, but my self-esteem is on the rise. I've had low confidence and practically no self-esteem for quite sometime. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you that I don't take compliments well, I put myself down regularly and I even admit that I don't think very highly of myself.

All of those aspects of low self-esteem stem from the way I look and the way my looks have deteriorated from high school to present. In reality, I probably shouldn't think so negatively of myself; I'm college educated, I have a career, I'm engaged to be married, but I can never get over how awful I feel about the way I look.

However, what I've realized just this week, is that my confidence level is rising and I'm starting to see myself in a new light. I mentioned in an earlier blog how I'm feeling better in items of clothing and that, in turn, is showing more confidence, and it couldn't be more true. This morning I threw on an outfit and I've been complimented several times. Wow, twice in one week, what more could a girl ask for?!?! I know that my body hasn't changed too dramatically yet, but my mind has made the necessary shift from seeing myself negatively to seeing myself in a semi-positive light. Hopefully, as I continue to lose weight, get healthy and change my way of life, my confidence will grow even more and I will see myself as a beautiful person.

The photo I added to this blog today was taken by a friend using my iPhone. This is what I'm wearing right now. I feel good today!

3 comments:

  1. You look damn cute today! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why the esteem is on the rise. You look awesome! Totally cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell just by the way you're standing in this pic compared to pics in the past that your self esteem is on the rise. That is why I'm on this journey too- nothing feels better than feeling good about yourself and loving yourself. Great job Beth! Keep up the GREAT work you're doing!

    ReplyDelete