Thursday, March 31, 2011

Judgement Day

I can't lie, the past few days have been really hard for me. My days have had a simple structure: wake up, take the dogs out, eat breakfast, watch some DVRd programs, eat lunch, take care of the dogs, watch a couple of movies, eat dinner, watch TV and go to bed. Moving has been minimal.

Today, however, is judgement day and I am ecstatic! It was an enormous pain in the ass to find out who I need to see to get cleared in my worker's comp case, but eventually a wonderfully nice woman from my company's corporate HR department dug into my case profile and found out who I should make an appointment with. So, at 2:15 today, I will find out how well my ankle has heeled (along with my elbow) and see whether I can work tomorrow at 9:30 a.m or not. I'm praying to be cleared; I want to get back to a normal routine!

There have been distinct positives and negatives in being forced to sit with my leg up and not move a whole lot. Here they are ...

Positives: I have finally relaxed (if you know me, you know how huge that is). I got to catch up on DVRd programs & watch some movies I didn't get to see in theater. Most importantly, I have a greater appreciation for everything Mike's doing for me. He's waited on my every need since we went to the hospital on Sunday and I couldn't be more thankful.
Negatives: I've gained 3 pounds. I have eaten more unhealthy in the last week than I did throughout March, which in turns mean I threw my diet out the window due to laziness. I still have a welt/bruise on my left calf & a cut on my right elbow. My body still aches as though I fell down a flight of stairs or was hit by a truck (oh yeah, I did fall down some stairs). Lastly and most newly, I have two blisters, a rash and a cut on my ankle caused by the air cast that is now battling for being most irritating/painful. What a joke.

I can't wait to be back on my feet working and in the flow of an actual routine. I feel helpless sitting at home while things go on at work, and I feel useless not hustling around the house doing chores and being a good wife. If the doctor says it's a go, even with restrictions like making sure I sit every so often or wear a brace at work, then I will happily rejoin the workforce both at work and at home.

As part of my plan of attack for after the doctor's visit, I will also return full force to my diet and routine since I was doing so well before the fall. The crazy part is ... I'm looking forward to it! I'll let you all know how the doctor's visit goes. Pray for the best!




No comments:

Post a Comment