Monday, December 7, 2009

I Think I Can, I Think I Can, I Think I Can

The hardest thing about trying to lose weight during the holiday season it turns out, isn't avoiding snacking on delicious Christmas cookies or gorging myself on stuffing and mashed potatoes. My problem is much more simple than keeping away from sweets, it lies in my will power and motivation.

I am seriously lacking some motivation right now and it doesn't help that Slim Fast just issued a major recall on all of their shakes. I usually have a Slim Fast shake for breakfast and dinner, but now what do I do? I know, I know, there are hundreds of solutions for this itty bitty problem, but I'm a creature of habit and I prefer not to add change to my daily routines.

It's been almost two weeks of me staying steady at 203 lbs and all I want to do is push beyond that weight and make it to that nagging 200. It sounds simple enough, but I still can't really exercise due to the disc problem in my back and without that exercise, motivation is definitely on the decrease!

It is Dec. 7 and I have only 18 days until Christmas and 18 days until my parents are in Las Vegas visiting me and my fiance for a long weekend. I really want to be at 200 pounds or below by that date. I know I've had the 200 lb. goal for a long time, but it's really time I hit it. That way I can enter the new year with a new perspective, more motivation and keep on trucking down the weight scale.

For all of you lacking motivation at this time of year, don't worry, you're not alone. We all just need to help keep each other moving in the right direction!

4 comments:

  1. Slim-Fast sorta makes me nauseous even without any extra bacteria... but they sure are handy when I'm running low on time and don't have time to make breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could replace your slim fast with green smoothies. Just google green smoothies if you need recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or Carnation Instant Breakfast! That would be an easy substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Girl! You can do it, only a few more weeks til the new year. We're already a 3rd of the way through the month! (I don't know if that's depressing or not because I still haven't done any Christmas shopping). Hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete