Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Good Laugh

It's not every day that I can look in the mirror and laugh at myself, but it happened to me this morning. When I say laugh, I'm not referring to a slight giggle, but instead a full-on outburst of laughter mixed with a couple of tears.

This morning I walked into the bathroom in the master bedroom to get ready for work. I turned to walk into the closet and caught a glimpse of my little beer belly in the mirror poking out from above my pajama pants and below the hem of the tank top I was wearing. Four months ago that would have made me cry hysterically on the floor, but this morning it made my laugh uncontrollably. Something about seeing the actual roll of fat that I'm attempting to combat, and picturing myself on peopleofwalmart.com made me absolutely lose it.

I don't really think this is normal or even healthy, and I know for certain that it looked horrendous, but it made me realize that the image I have of myself is changing. I've said before that it's changing, but it's one thing to say it and believe it, and entirely another thing to actually practice it. I haven't lost 75 pounds yet, and I still enjoy a couple of slices of pizza every now and then, but I have improved so much from August until today. And I'm extremely thankful for that.

I know today's post was nothing profound, but I have been thinking about my laughing fit all morning so I thought I would share. I did add two photos of me today. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment