Monday, February 8, 2010

The Super Bowl Slam

Yesterday the Cinderella Story was complete with the New Orleans Saints winning the Super Bowl. However, since I was rooting for neither the Saints nor the Colts to win, I turned all of my attention to the delicious goodies that spoil my diet.

I went into the weekend last Friday a bit hesitant about food in general since I knew it was going to be next to impossible to eat well every meal of each day. Mike's dad was in town, and with our families visiting it's a given that we will be eating very well and at some of our favorite restaurants. I can't pass up the opportunity to enjoy the tasty desserts at a buffet or Chicken Royale at Grand Luxe Cafe at the Venetian ... I just can't. Will power goes completely out the window!

So, instead I do what I always do and allow myself to indulge a little bit and pay for it later. That's right. This weekend I enjoyed a few servings at the buffet at M Resort and I scarfed down Chicken Royale at Grand Luxe Cafe. On top of that we had pizza from Papa Johns plus chips and salsa during the Super Bowl. I even had a Belgian waffle with sugar free syrup on Saturday morning. And guess what? It all tasted amazing!

Now before any of you get concerned for my well being, I will add this: I did control myself when indulging in these goodies. I didn't have helpings upon helpings of chocolate cake and mashed potatoes at the buffet, nor did I eat my entire meal at Grand Luxe. On Sunday I had a couple of slices of pizza and some chips, but didn't eat the entire bag by any means. Today, however, I am not only seeing the difference on the scale (up 2 lbs from last week, but still under 200!), but I'm also feeling the difference. I feel a bit sluggish today, and it no doubt has to do with the fact that my diet over the weekend was less than balanced. It's time to hit the ground running again and be good this week. I need to drop those two gained pounds and many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment